This past week has been a very hard and trying time for our family as we have helped Mike prepare for a year long deployment. Both of our dads come up to NC to assist in the move. We were able to get majority of our things into long term storage and I filled a 6 x 12 UHAUL with things to take to LA. The weekend was the most difficult time as we left on Saturday morning. It is hard to explain the mix of emotions. I thought I could deal with deployment since I have been through it once before. Everyone needs a little break from their husband, right??? Yeah right!! I have never been so emotional in my life. I am nervous, scared, and upset. I don't know what to expect or what to tell Aiden. Being married and having children will make this a totally new experience. I am extremely grateful to have the support of family and friends. I am hoping that the year will go by very quickly. Please continue to keep our family in your prayers, especially Mike. Today is the first official day of the countdown as he in on his way to Kandahar now. 365 days to go.... Here are some pics of our farewell....
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment