On Monday November 22, 2010 at 6:58 AM Hallie Grace Westerhaus entered the world in Kansas City, MO. I was exactly 40 weeks pregnant and was planning to go to the hospital for an induction at 6:30 AM; however, at 1:15 that morning I began contracting on my own. After about 3 contractions, I woke up Mike and told him it was time to head to the hospital. It usually takes about 30 minutes to get to the hospital, but I think we may have made it in half the time. It was the most difficult experience for me as I was contracting on the highway. But, we finally made it there and once I was examined I was 6-7 cm. The IV was started and I was able to receive some meds for pain while waiting on the doctor. I requested a epidural and got one!!! Wow, what an outrageously differnt experience. The remainder of the birthing experience was great, other than the fact that she shifted and got stuck under my pelvic bone. This caused her to have a very large bruise on her head/face. After 45 minutes of pushing, she was born- 100% healthy!!
We are back home now and the breastfeeding is going great. She pretty much eats, sleeps, and poops. We are already in love and so blessed to have her in our lives.
We are back home now and the breastfeeding is going great. She pretty much eats, sleeps, and poops. We are already in love and so blessed to have her in our lives.



No comments:
Post a Comment